Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator Another
Thank you guys for continuing to work on a great product.
Having spent much time with your software, a few have presented themselves.
For many customizable things, you have a fixed amount of space where you can put text.
The text can be large or small, but no wider than the space.
There is one place that test users trip up most on tablets and often on desktops -- selecting default text. They tend to start writing in the middle of the "text here" areas or at the end of them, and have trouble on tablets with the select-and-remove process.
Double-entering the same text and selection difficulties have been the main source of product abandonment so far.
I'd love to see :
I) text auto-fit the space within tolerances.
This would require the following controls
• A check box "fit text to area"
• two settings "Max Font" and "Min Font"
1) Text of minimal length would be displayed in the maximum font.
2) As text approaches the end of line, the font size shrinks.
3) When font reaches minimum size, then the maximum text length is reached.
0/4) default text can be set to display at any size in-between max font size and min font size
This would allow maximum flexibility of product with the least amount of work by the user.
II) Default text behavior change :
• This could be either blanket behavior change, or controlled by a checkbox.
1) when default text is clicked on, the text itself disappears
-- this allows the user to type their own text without the chore of manipulating existing text
Added in V3.1.2 - you can now add a editable text box with a fixed width.