radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

PDF padding

Just getting to grip with this, looking good, but on pdf creation from an order design I get a margin/padding around the pdf file, how do I gte rid of that?

Best Answer

We agree, the pdf generation (especially the margin) is sub optimal. This is mainly caused by externally developed libraries at the moment, so there is little to nothing we can do straight away. Our sincerest apologies about this.

We are however going to implement our own web-service to handle the export and rework the complete export features as our next big project, soon. This is something we are quite looking forward to.

Just found a solution to fix below but would like to know how to avoid it happening on export.

Step 1

Launch Adobe Acrobat and open the PDF.

Step 2

Click "Document" near the top of the Adobe Acrobat window and select "Crop Pages" from the menu to open the Crop Pages window. You can also use the "Shift-Ctrl-T" keyboard shortcut.

Step 3

Place a check mark in front of the "Remove White Margins" option in the Margin Controls section to enable it.

Step 4

Click the "All" radio button in the Page Range section.

Step 5

Click "OK" to apply the changes and get rid of the white border around your document.

Step 6

Press "Ctrl-S" to save the edited document and overwrite the old one.

Agree, this is a massive issuse as it make the print useless. The images need to be extracted individually. 

Answer

We agree, the pdf generation (especially the margin) is sub optimal. This is mainly caused by externally developed libraries at the moment, so there is little to nothing we can do straight away. Our sincerest apologies about this.

We are however going to implement our own web-service to handle the export and rework the complete export features as our next big project, soon. This is something we are quite looking forward to.

I need to +1 to this again as our printer supplier wont do any prints as the margin prevents each item printing at the appropriate dimensions. 

There are so many PDF libraries out there that will export without margins, I cant see why this one is so bad. We can't afford to be exporting individual views from the FPD system then creating PDF for each manually. It was a stated feature of the system but it is basically useless. 

I'll help pay for the development but this needs to be sorted ASAP.

Login or Signup to post a comment