radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Better PDF export on the admin

PDF export still lacks quality for the printing industry. This plugin works well for very small products but it's a nightmare for bigger prints like posters and even high quality calendars. On the Admin, I still cannot export a PDF for all of my products with the needed size. Support says and I quote:

"The developer says that this is simply due to the limitations of the server. With images that are that very large and then scaled up this is simply only possible to a certain limit. It should be better when you use the .jpg format instead of .png. Other then that you can always use an image editing program to scale the output image."

I am very sorry but this is not what I paid for - more than once! The image I attach is a print of what you promise on Code Canyon. You say "fit any product" and "no limitation". Not to being able to print high quality posters (100x70cm or smaller) or calendars without using Photoshop is a huge limitation. If I get 50 orders per day (between books and calenders with at least 8 pages which), I will not be doing anything else than just being in Photoshop the whole day long to adjust exported files and increasing resolution (which will also inevitable kill image quality!), if I even ever catch up!

It is also very poor to provide a solution that is on a server that is not able to export a PDF that is only 1136 per 796mm with 300 DPI. Printin industry has standard paper sizes (https://www.prepressure.com/library/paper-size). How can one work then? How can admin solution work? High quality print needs also PNG quality images! JPG is great for web, PNG is what should be used to print - always!

Summary:

5 people like this idea

Hi Have the issues of the initial question been solved? What are now the specs for output? And what file types available for out put? Regards Nick

@Andreas Please create a ticket and share your login credentials.

@Radykal: Thanks, but it is still not working for newer orders. Example: order 59138 (Standard Hoodie product). I just checked that the print area (blue line) is saved in the Product builder.

I do not see the printing box in this order, otherwise you would see a blue rectangle. Its only working with orders that already includes the printing box. If you define the printing box afterwards, it does not show up.

Indeed for such big amount of orders, you need a special automatization. If you are interested in a custom pdf workflow, we could do a custom development. Please use our customization request form for that, if you are interested and explain all your requirements.

https://fancyproductdesigner.com/customization-request/

Site URL is russeprofilering.no, and one the orders that I tested was ID 58956 – with the line item 12165 being one I set Printing Box in (Standard Hoodie - Large). Generated file is attached here.

Your plan sounds good. But we get a lot of big orders, like the one mentioned here is for 25 products. In high season we can see 500+ products ordered in one day. That is close to two hours of wait time for generating files (not counting downloading). If it was on our own server, I'd rather have the extra traffic from a few abandoned carts than that cost of time. But, of course, since you keep all that traffic on your server, it's a whole different situation for you.

A good solution would be for it to generate files in the background some time after the order is completed. Every completed order will need files at some point. An even better solution would be if those files could also be synced to a Dropbox folder.

But clicking a link to get a file generated, with no more steps, sounds great to me for now. Hopefully it won't delay too long until we see it implemented. Good luck!

pdf
(544 KB)

@Andreas

Please tell me your site url and an order ID, then I can check it myself.

The automation process will be the next thing we are going to implement, but we are not generating the pdf when an order is made or a product is added to the cart. You and your customers will get a mail with a link and when you visit the link, the pdf is created on the fly. Creating a pdf when a product is added to the cart, makes no sense and would cause a lot of unneeded traffic on our server. Adding something to the cart, does not mean the enduser is going to buy it.

But first we want to check if the new pdf export is working properly.

Hi Radykal. Thanks, but this is not working very well for me. The download does not provide the Printing Box I set. It cuts off the design at a much smaller size.

Setting these new boxes, managing files from an external site, and having to wait while files are generated for each file for every product ordered takes a lot of time.

A perfect solution would generate the files from the existing bounding box as soon as the user clicks to add it to the cart, then just add a link to download the files in our admin order-screen or e-mail. The PDF-software could still be on your server, not ours, no? Time is money, so putting all this time on us instead of the client, means we either lose from profit or need to raise our prices (meaning less orders).

This really is the only really bad thing with FPD. I have tried and looked at several solutions, and you really have a great product here. But this is a dealbreaker, and it should be the only thing you work on – not making a Shopify version etc. Nobody would be able to compete with you if you did.

The new PDF export is now available in our ADMIN solution, you can find the help article here: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000054514-exporting-a-layered-pdf-to-any-format

I am also curious if the new features for the PDF export (Exclude layers from export, printing box, export format) fits for your business or if you need more features to get a print-ready PDF, e.g. crop marks, bleeds? If yes, please share your feedback. Any visualization that helps to explain the requested feature is welcome.

Hi,

Is there any news on this status yet?

With kind regards,

Robin

Hi there

PDF export after order in 300 DPI to a specified Email or Url would be the solution to have, it`s a must! 

Any news on this status?

best

Jürgen

Hi,

I am actually considering this plugin.

We print large format 320 cm wide machine Fabric.
I have gone through the Feature Requests and found amazing thing you FPD and you guys making here.

I am just wonder if this high-res pdf export will be able to export enough to my printing size 300 cm wide and 10 m - 20 m.

From what I can imagine is:

Once the customer upload their file, the plugin create the thumbnail so we can work with smaller graphic on the canvas.

The background is also represent by thumbnail so it can become lightweight.
Then after all editing is confirmed then it can be saved or sent to admin size.

Actually I am thinking if the export pdf location address can be specified so I can create the folder according to the job from our client and print out right away.

Maybe all these ideas have already been implemented.

I am new.  So if anyone can let me know if my expectation is also part of this feature please let me know.

Also another feature required for this to be used for production printers would be the printing box is created as a spot colour which would allow automated cutting etc

Any updates on the ADMIN solution guys?

Also waiting on any update about bleed visible from client side, and as well what is the latest developements regarding the hi quality output from admin ?

any word on bleeds being visible for clients editor?

Hi,  

New features coming on through admin solutions will really bring the plugin to the next level i believe for production printers if they are done correctly.

Have just set up all the admin solution beta test - we will be printing anything from greeting cards to large signage ( aluminium dibond + acrylic etc) We would need the new feature of small canvas representing a much larger print size so a customer could design there own very large sign from a range of templates we would have - eg 1200 x 900mm for example or larger

Running into a few difficulties - everything is set up and the orders are coming into my woocommerce as well as the admin section but the orders cannot be exported from the hosted admin section. I am getting an unspecified error as shown in screenshot

Issues I would like to know

- is it possible for customer wanting a large sign with following specs image @ 150 dpi eg size40 x 30inches to be able to upload and view a design on the one page ( i mean not a huge canvas stage  of 5000 x 4000px which makes it impossible for ux?