radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

A beter mobile solution

Thank you for this plugin! A truly extraordinary plugin that transforms businesses.

The request that must be on the tip of everyone's tongue surely is when are we going to see

an FPD improvement for mobile and small screens. My site drop-off rate for mobile is tremendous and

when compared to the desktop just over twice as high. This is a major bummer as most visit are from mobile 

and smaller screen devices.

It would be great if we could have a sliding screen that allowed the customer to build the product.

Or some other novice way to make make the UX & UI more friendly and reflective of the great experience

found on the desktop.

Thanks,

Jo 

23 people like this idea

Great work Radykal! The canvas-touch-scrolling thing works much better in this version as well. Still not perfect though, but works much more often then it did before. 

@Ken I do not have this issue, are you sure you understood the alignment correctly.

I think the button images are the wrong way round thats all.

Definitely necessary!!! My clients are all about shopping on their phones and tablets.

Currently we are working on a user-friendly toolbar that should make the element editing on mobile devices easier. We would like to share the first mockup of a new toolbar UI.

https://invis.io/HJGRNE9T8SW#/290252168_Start

Please let us know how you like or if you have any improvements.

This looks like a great start so fair to the FPD team.

As stated by Jo Uuwidie. For fancy products with an image upload area - as soon as the upload area is selected then the image controls should appear in the same way as the text controls do in your example. Also, I wonder if simple   +   and   -   buttons which can be tapped for text/photo size increase/decrease would be more mobile friendly than the slider controls?

Great to see progress in this area, is there a timeline for implementation?

Gerard

Completely agree! Really necessary :)

The most annoying problem is the touch-scroll-canvas which doesn't work very well. The javascript-fix that's in there doesn't work stable enough and in most cases the entire page scrolls when someone is moving an element. Will this be fixed in the upcoming version as well? 

I've offered some small changes that could offer a better mobile experience without overhauling the current mobile view. 

What do you all think?

http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000018203

Sorry forget to mention in last comment. If it helps, this website is the best mobile experience that I have come across:-

https://www.simplytoimpress.co.uk/

Hi Guys,

You have done an OUTSTANDING job!!! 

If I have to pick holes or ask questions they would be... 

1. Can you type straight into text boxes without flicking between the manager layer area. 

2. Can you manage multiple image uploads below the design or is this done through the image layer area?

3. Is image filters done via a popup or is this option fall below the design area too?

I'm being incredibly bias but your updates work incredibly well for my end use. Would be interesting to see what the other

previous posters think about the changes.

Thank you so much for listening to us!

Jo 

Drop shadow seems to be a popular request. Looks good however, would happily test it on my site.

It would be great if tablets used the new mobile view.

Are there any plans to fix it so that the screen the mobile screen does not scroll when trying to move images are graphics up and down.  Currently, this caused the mobile (at least iphone) to scroll the entire page so the graphic or image can't be moved up or down.  Left to right works great.

Thanks!

I am liking the look of the new mobile friendly toolbar.  However,  I am a big fan of the existing text edit box which can be set to automatically appear when a text field is selected.  The text edit button on the toolbar is not obvious to most users and  currently I cannot see how the edit text can be selected automatically when a text box is selected (as it is now) because the new version replaced the tool bar completely when in text edit mode?

Thanks

Matt