radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Drop down menu

Instead of a floating dialog box could you make it so when a user clicks the bottons at the top it drops down as a window/menu and a *done* button to make changes to make it disappear again.

13 people like this idea

Thank you Rafael. We really like FPD and are anxiously waiting your update!

Yes I agree with this recommendation. It would be easier for end users to be able to see all drop down options available as opposed to having to go back and forth. The floating boxes also interfere with the preview screen and you have to drag it out of the way. 

+1 for the drop down menu option - this would make it much more clear what can be customized rather than having the customer just clicking on random art to find out.

Yeah everything should reside within the product designer window using drop down menu like previously suggested it would of been more user friendly and also the share feature should be incorporated into the save, load & print menu I think it conflicts with other share icons for the general product page. Also as K Veld mentioned the fixed locations for the dialog covers the design window. I suppose this would be okay if you were wanting to open it up in lightbox full width but not for replace product image. Also the drop down menu idea would then make the plugin mobile friendly. Just my thoughts...

#Gregory or #Bryan Gray - Can you send a screen shot of the custom CSS in FPD plugin? 

Screen shot attached of where I put my custom CSS for FPD. 

I tried the code that Bryan posted but it doesn't work. 

Thanks!

png
#morgan it did that for me also I think the plugin overwrites css in the FPD  settings unless you add !important like you have done for your other css  modifications. Alternatively add it to your websites css then it won't be ignored.

This would be a useful feature, especially on mobile.  Sometimes in portrait mode the context window doesn't appear, but it does show up in landscape mode because it is to the side of the product stage. If a drop down is not possible, it would be nice to be able to fix the position of the context window using X/Y coordinates.

Another annoying aspect of the context window is it automatically pops up the keyboard on mobile devices to search for artwork.  The keyboard covers everything, and it results in some confusion when you first open the context window to add clip art.

Oh no not full window its not really blending with your website then. I like the replace product image its just I wish there was dropdown menus for the options and possible more quick link icons for text and images instead of using the menus.

#Bryan Gray - tried those css chnages but they don't work for me seems like somethings overriding them and no transparency.

I found that the code needs to go in my theme's custom css.

I also placed the code in my theme custom css.

Another member was nice enough to send me this CSS information. It sets the design element window to the right of the design window. It still needs some tweaking but is a good start. Hope that helps everyone.

Here is the code:

@media only screen and (min-width : 960px) {
.fpd-context-dialog {
left: 58%!important;
display: block;
}

Since version 2.1.0 you can set a fixed position to left or right.

The new update is exciting to test my only suggestion now would be to merge the Add image & choose from designs together so it's all one *ADD* menu. "Add image/design"

Also I've noticed the colour options/other options now attaches to the layer as apposed to a floating dialog box with the UI changing which is understandable but this is not attached to the menu like suggested. I do like the style of it however it conflicts with some of my layers I use for background options that are to the size of the FPD frame so the dialog for option is appearing outside the frame by wrapping to the layer. It also seems to happen when adding a photo, if the picture if scaled to frame size the options appear outside is there a way to appear inside instead of outside?

That is so helpful thank you! Made a world of difference

Login or Signup to post a comment