radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Image transparency like in T-shirt demo

Hello,

I am trying to recreate the image transparency that I have seen in the T-shirt demo on the FPD website. I think there was some topics about this in the old forums but I have not seen anything here.

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Ben

Best Answer

Hi Ben,

You can load the demo of the T-Shirt into FPD, see how it works, then you can see the layers in Fancy Products, view the layers separately as images by looking in your wordpress media and edit the images individually in photoshop  after downloading them to your desktop etc if you wanted to recreate it yourself.

Answer

Hi Ben,

You can load the demo of the T-Shirt into FPD, see how it works, then you can see the layers in Fancy Products, view the layers separately as images by looking in your wordpress media and edit the images individually in photoshop  after downloading them to your desktop etc if you wanted to recreate it yourself.

Thanks Adam. How do I load the demo of the T-shirt into FPD then ?

You can load them through your Fancy Product Designer Ben.

go to:

wp-admin/admin.php?page=fancy_product_designer&info=updated

But how do you actually make your own t-shirt transparent like the one in the demo? I don't want to use the t-shirt provided as I need to use my own, such as a Gildan mockup. I use Photoshop CC and if someone can point me to a tutorial on how to make that overlay t-shirt be transparent that would be great! Thank you! - Gary

Did you find a tutorial on how to make the transparent t-shirt overlay? I'm looking for a tutorial as well. thanks!

I too have found nothing. I tried several methods but without satisfactory results. Thanks!

I have the same issue. I replace the images of the t-shirt demo, but the colorization does not work properly after that. Any idea?

Download and use GIMP. GIMP is free.

File, Open. Select your t-shirt PNG file (white) with transparent background.

Select Colors>Color to Alpha.

I used the defaults in the Color to Alpha box. Click OK.

File>Export As and save your file as an overlay name.

In FPD layers, I have the gray solid layer where the colors are assigned, then other overlay GIMP generated layer.

GIMP is the key here....Photoshop does not have Color to Alpha and you will spend more time trying to simulate that than just downloading GIMP and using that.

Really useful Linda.

Thanks!

Thanks, this helps, and I'm able to achieve this with both GIMP and using Photoshop...my thing is, the overlays seem to dull down the colors a lot.

Hi Joe !  ....and using Photoshop....Can you please explain how you do it ? Thak you.

I think I made a copy of the original image, turned it grey scale and made the blending option screen. Next I used the color range selection tool, and selected the dark/shadows in the garment. I inverted the selection and masked that out. Then I dropped the opacity to 10 percent and saved the file (with the original image hidden) as a .png file. 

One more thing, before I did all of that, I made a selection around the garment. I made a copy of that, not the whole original base layer, by pressing ctrl/J.

Login or Signup to post a comment