radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Better PDF support

Better PDF creation would be a great addition to this plugin.

If it is to be taken seriously by the print industry, then the PDFs that are exported really need to have fonts embedded.

The whole point of an online designer is that it saves the Printer/Webstore owner time. If they have to recreate a product from scratch to send to print then its not really saving time.

Not a criticism, just my view as to where the plugin is lacking.

Overall a very, very good piece of software.

32 people like this idea

If you have problems, please reply to the ticket and send me your login credentials for WP and Admin (http://admin.fancyproductdesigner.com/)

Well.. I've purchased some days ago the plugin. I'm really happy with the way how the products can be customized BUT... the PDF output sucks... I need that the PDF exported have certain characteristiques.. and i can configure only a few settings.. Definitely the PDF outuput should be improved...

How does the beta work? Do you know anything else?
As far as it concerns me, I still haven't got the opportunity to test it since it messed up with my site. I am waiting until a solution is found...
For me not working too. Got error in logs PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in plugins/application-passwords/class.application-passwords.php on line 292

Same for us here as well, we couldn't test the beta yet, as the latest version of FPD is causing an error. Waiting for a fix.

I am sure that problem in Application Passwords plugin. I got a lots of errors in console. Looks like its conflict with other plugins. Maybe its better to use rest api from woocommerce?? You can set keys in settings of woocommerce too

@alexus I don't have many other plugins installed, but I do not have any issues with "application passwords", the issue was with the latest Fancy Product Designer version 3.4.1. As I write this, the problem has been fixed.

I am now getting ready to proceed with the Beta Test of "PDF Export"

I updated the Fancy Product Designer REST API plugin, now you can set a password with this plugin and you do not need the Application Passwords plugin anymore.

http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000026839-add-your-website

Update the Fancy Product Designer REST API plugin. Let me know if this helps.

When activating the rest api plugin the site throws a internal server error 500. 

When deactivating the plugin i can see the links /wp-json/fpd/v1/order

Thanks for last update errors gone. Have some issues i think because my website https. Anyone else with https tested it? Now about pdf support. Roddy Boyd solution with pdf better. Man you still here? Or he in fpd team now?

Hi Everyone, sorry i have been busy with work and FPD customisations is a side project for me. I'm going through the process of undoing all my customisations (while playing around i have made changes to core files) and putting them into a plugin. it is taking a bit longer than i expected but it is on the way. sorry for the delay

Any news about this update?

Hi Roddy,

Just wanted to have some news :) 

Hello Everyone,

I tested the new tool a bit (via admin.fancyproductdesigner.com). How about anyone else?
It does indeed improve the export possibilities, even though I could not test the option with layered PDF (since Illustrator and Photoshop don't seem to be able to open layered PDFs) - did anyone else specifically test the layered PDF feature (especially those that were screaming for it?).

Also to my fellow FPD users - why do you keep asking Roddy for such a feature, if Radykal is already offering it?
What are your motivations to keep asking for a different solution? I am just curious.

I also would like to ask Radykal : Is there another specific reason why you are not wanting to hand out the Software, that is currently hosted under admin.fancyproductdesigner.com, besides the one that you have already given: possible compatibility issues on client's servers?
I am asking, because we have heavily modified FPD to fit our needs, and we would also like to be able to modify the export process, which we can't if we don't have access to it.
Would you be willing to still sell/license it (for a reasonable and fair price) for installation on our server, if we ask you to? (Of course we are willing to accept and sign any license agreement that allows us to use and modify the code for our own use).

Thanks
Etienne