radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Manage size between stage and printing size

Hi, this is a matter of pre-sale ;
Something I do not understand what is the management of the size of the « stage » relative to the actual size of the product to customize.
I take the example of an iPhone 4 case to illustrate my point :
The real size in mm is 62 mm x 120 mm to 300 dpi . Making it in pixels : 738 x 1420 px.
So I understood that we can scale the " stage " with these dimensions. But the page will be high on the screen ;
Now imagine that I want to propose customizing posters or photographs printing. A typical size for a poster , for example : 500 mm x 700 mm x 300 dpi. Making it with photoshop pixels : 8268 x 11811 pixels !!! The page of the site is going to be huge !!!

Is is expected to have a dissociation between the appearance of the product on the screen and its true size for printing?

Thank you and sorry for my english.

8 people like this idea

I agree with kameleon premiere's question.
It is not really clear how this is handled in FPD.

If I want to propose the Fancy Product Designer to my customerse on a webpage, the designer itself should not be larger than somewhat around 1.200 x 900 pixels or so,
but the customers should still be able to upload a High Resolution photograph (such as a jpg with 5.000 x 3.000 pixels), to customise a mousepad, for example.

Does it work, with FPD, that if the photo is scaled larger than the mousepad (the one from the demo) that it is also automatically cropped with the original resolution kept intact ?

Hello, Thank you for your response. I understand what you're telling me if I propose a library of my own designs. But what I want to do is offer my clients the ability to load themselves their pictures and place them . it must be able to print them they are in 300 dpi . That's why I have a problem between the size of the canvas in px and file size after conversion pixels / dpi. There is a solution ? Thank you

Following.

Best implementation could be:
- the design library should hold both HighRes and LowRes images. LowRes should be used in the online design process
BUT
Printes has to receive files created out of the HighRes. (placement, colors) If its too extensive for a website, just I would need a) scaling info, b) placement info in relation of any corner im the layout

Best, Zoltan

Login or Signup to post a comment