radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Two Steps where there were one

Great work so far, I'm thrilled at how well this is coming along.  Can't wait to launch next month.

In two places, there are now two steps rather than one, for the "simple" or "default" user.

This is vital to the website being developed now.

One - after uploading an image to the image palette, the new  image is not automatically loaded onto the builder platen, instead it is added only to the palette, requiring a second click to place it on the product.  This extra step is likely to confuse "simple"product users.

Two - same issue, when the designs categories load into the palette, the first one does not default to "open" but instead, to a list of available categories. In the case of "simple" this may seem confusing.

Is there any way to control this for myself with a little jQuery, or is there a way to add this behavior back via option?

3 people like this idea

The new version allows multiple images upload. Instead of adding all images to the canvas, they will be added to the main bar first and then can be selected.

Hi Rafael,

We understand the reason for the change but it creates 2 issues.

1) - It is not clear to customer once they have added image that they have to click again to make it appear on design.

2) - On mobile device after upload - When you press image you see larger view which obstructs selection making it difficult to add to design. 

If you could remove the larger view on hover/press that would at least help. Or (best solution) if you could have option in settings for "single/multiple image" upload.

Hi Jeremy,

Sorry for delay in reply (been really busy).

That's awesome! Thanks so much.

re: skype - That would be great. I have a developer working on some other site functions at the moment, but once that finally gets done (and i know what budget I have left) perhaps I could give you shout.

Thanks again.

I agree that the current way of adding images is unnecessarily long-winded and unintuitive ( and also unlike any other type of UI I have come across - it had me confused the first couple of times I tried it - that cannot be a good sign!)

It needs to be a simple one step process: drop the image and it's added to the Designer, or a 'choose file' dialogue box is opened and the chosen file is straight away added to the Designer.

Personally I would then like the upload box to close automatically but perhaps this could be an option by a setting in the UI composer if other people would prefer it to stay open?

Ess, John, et al

I have a javascript patch for this, which requires "CSS & JAVASCRIPT TOOLKIT" or some other plug in

if you could help me test, it is available at :   https://www.youcookie.com/product/boy-scouts-of-america-large-portrait-cake-photo-topper/

if you would like I can paste it here.

As I am unable to determine if an uploaded item is solo or first in list (yet) it inserts the first uploaded item in all cases.   I want this to switch to the behavior above, and may get there on the next round of javascript patching.

The timeouts are no longer "ugly guesses" but instead test for the "loading" state and wait until images are loaded in designer platen.

Hi Jeremy,

Great Job - It seems to be working fine for me :)

(Don't suppose you're available for customising my FPD install?)

Hi Jeremy,

Yep works for me too, awesome! But you cannot add 2 images to the product so why are you bothered about the multiple upload?

To be clearer - when I add an image to the cake, I can't add another. There doesn't seem to be a way to get back to my uploaded images without deleting the one currently on the cake and then clicking 'Click here to add image +'. Is that by choice?

John, I don't know the rules about work and contact on this forum, but I would be glad to consult for and or work for you.

I would also be glad to release the jQuery / javascript for you to copy and paste in a script plug-in.

Ess --  tho I don't use two photos in -this- one, I intend to use multiple photos for the "class picture" part of this project in  the next phase.

Unfortunately, I cannot access canvas objects directly yet, as it is harder to find them in DOM inspectors. If I could, I would recommend a way to trigger the uploader via javascript and add a button.

Radikal seems committed to making this product better on a regular schedule. Make sure they understand your dilemma and they will probably see the need to fix it.

" Is there a hook by which I can do this in javascript or in jQuery?

We need some way to remove that "extra" step, as this is not a minor issue for simple products."

This is also a serious issue for me also - Would really like to get this resolved??

Still hoping for more voices to reply to or like this feature request :

request is for 1-step uploading and placement option for products that don't need multiple uploads.

OR - any good community ideas on how to achieve this....

Login or Signup to post a comment