radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Export bounding box only

Hi,

I really would like to see the export functions to be changed. Currently the entire design area is being exported and I only want to export the items within the bounding box. All my products use the same bounding box.

See screenshot. The door is the area where the design is, the doorframe is the bounding box. When exporting the order design from WooCommerce I only want the door including all layers to be exported, not the background area.

Please include this in a next version.

Cheers,
Jaap

jpg

19 people like this idea

Andreas, I had a similar issue with scaling up. The problem ended up being that the dataURL of the image became too large and some browsers put a limit on dataURL size (Chrome and Safari on iOS have this problem, Firefox seems to be ok though). 

For the front end, I ended up adding additional lines of code that checks to see if the customer is using iOS and slightly scales down the image so that it will export and save to my server, but it's still print quality. 

Sometimes I need to export large, scaled up images in FPD in admin and save them to my PC for printing. I use Google Chrome and needed a way to get around the dataURL limit.  I added code that converts the large dataURL to a blob object and that allows me to save large jpg files to my PC using Chrome. 

I use a Mac and Firefox and I have that problem. Fix, anyone?

Looks like I had just forgotten to add the code in the minified version of the file (FancyProductDesigner-all.min.js). Did that, and the Download button in the Designer produced the cropped file right away. Thanks Adrienne!

BUT – it did not have any effect on the Admin-side of things, and that's where the cropped HQ file is needed.

Did you also change something in the "order-viewer.js" file perhaps?

Will this ever be implemented? I'm referring to exporting the whole canvas instead of only the bounding box. As of right now I have to crop each one in photoshop which takes a long time. This feature would be great.

Yes – anything to report, Radykal or Johnny?

Brent, can you use your canvas as the bounding box? Or is your box now rectangle/square. Andreas, what size is the item youre trying to print. Yes the scale up function doesnt always work when saving in browser, but Ive been able to scale less, until it worked, and got a great result up to 70 inches x 12 inches.

I also think like you Brent. If this thing does not work out I think I'll get my money back. It just does not meet the requirements I have. However, it is to make our work easier, not to overload it. Right?

It is not a problem to change the code, but without having any guidance, it can not be done. I have little knowledge of Javascript and jQuery.

Just upping the topic  :)
This really - REALLY! - would be great!

Thanks again, awesome product!

Fernando

It's ridiculous that is not implemented yet (in wordpress plugin).

I would also really love to see this feature on the frontend when the customer clicks the download button they would get a cropped file, as well as on the Admin side. I am using the Wordpress version.

I tried to implement Adrienne's solution, but had no luck using the latest version of FPD.

Any progress on this? I am getting ready to develop a new site that will need this functionality.

Thanks for a great plugin, this would make it even better for me!

+1 for this feature being available to the front-end customer.

+1 from me also. Defintely need the option to just export the bounding box / print area instead of the entire canvas. This will speed up the production process massively.

I am happy to announce that the new PDF export is now available in our ADMIN solution. This allows among other features to export a specific printing area.

Solution article can be found here: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/solutions/articles/13000054514-exporting-a-layered-pdf-to-any-format

If you have some problems and want to give your feedback, please head over to that thread, I am going to close this one now.