radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Updating Fabrics.js

Hello FPD team.

Im aware that it's not your job to help with modifications to this plugin. But really what i'm trying to accomplish with this is to fix an existing issue with the plugin.

I'm talking about FPD text module not working on Android because Fabrics.js doesn't work well on Android. 

Changing the Fabrics.js version to the new 2.0 Beta is supposed to fix the issue, according to this topic: https://github.com/kangax/fabric.js/issues/3368

So i tried replacing the fabrics.js file from the plugin with the one found here: https://github.com/kangax/fabric.js/releases/tag/v2.0.0-beta.7

But it didn't solve the problem.

I then tried deleting both fabric.js and fabric.min.js from the plugin folder and FPD continued to work normally. Thats when i found out that updating Fabric.js is not as easy as replacing the files. Or maybe im missing a step or something.

I'm not a backend developer, so please excuse me if i'm missing an easy step.

Would really appreciate any help offered. 

Best regards

Best Answer

My plugin is modifying some code of fabricjs which is not compatible with V2. I am also using an extension for the curved text which is not compatible yet with V2. I would like to update to V2, but due the lack of incompatibility I can not update to latest.

Answer

My plugin is modifying some code of fabricjs which is not compatible with V2. I am also using an extension for the curved text which is not compatible yet with V2. I would like to update to V2, but due the lack of incompatibility I can not update to latest.

Hello Radykal, I understand. Is updating to fabrics.js v2.0 in the plans for the near future? If it's not, then I'll look into a way of letting know Android users about this.

I need to wait for a better development of curved text.

I understand the issue with compatibility - but FPD is currently using version 1.6.7, which is 22 releases behind the latest Fabric.js release. That means we are missing many bug fixes, stability and improvements, like better SVG-export, caching etc.

The curved text function does not even work with Radykals so called "solution" to exporting high resolution images. If you increase the canvas size, the font pointsize and the curved settings are way off, and the text will be completely warped. I have mentioned this before, but no response. If it was up to me, I would gladly ditch the curved text and get all the improvements that come with Fabric.js updates instead.

I agree with Andreas.
We have ditched the curved text functionality, because it was giving us so many bugs on export. Having the latest fabric.js version would be quite useful.

Login or Signup to post a comment