radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Product Images

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find any tutorials on preparing images, specifically t-shirts. I am well versed in photoshop and illustrator.

As I understand it I need 2 images. One semi transparent? One flat solid white? If that's correct, when doing this and adding the color black #00000 the shirt turns dark grey not black. What am I missing here? Is there a tut on how to properly prepare the images?

Thansk

Best Answer

The shadow layer (the mostly transparent one) can not contain any white anymore (unless in a few select areas for highlights). Your shadow layer still contains some white everywhere, that's why black appears grey. You'll need to remove this. Gimp has a handy function for that called color to alpha, last I checked Photoshop did not have that, but I'm sure it also has some way of doing this (color channels maybe?).

Answer

The shadow layer (the mostly transparent one) can not contain any white anymore (unless in a few select areas for highlights). Your shadow layer still contains some white everywhere, that's why black appears grey. You'll need to remove this. Gimp has a handy function for that called color to alpha, last I checked Photoshop did not have that, but I'm sure it also has some way of doing this (color channels maybe?).

Thanks. I have an action called Kill White that does that.

Login or Signup to post a comment