radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

On Wordpress Plugin - Open the custom image upload box

Ok, so when you add an upload zone, on the front end you can upload an image and a box to upload it pops up(see attached image). My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage? So for example, I create a button outside the stage named "replace image", and then the upload box popups. Is there an API or function I can use to do that? Please let me know as my client wants to have the button to upload custom images elsewhere and not on the stage.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage?

-> You don't need the API to do that. You can also adapt that in the UI Composer. 

Ok, a quick update. I was able to fund out how to open it. Now, is there a way I can replace an already existing image? Like, with normal uplaod zones, if I click over the upload zone and then the box pops up, if I choose an image, it will replace whichever image I had on the upload zone. Is there a way to get that same effect?

-> You can't replace single images. What you could do instead is creating a bounding box and force images to be inside. If this solution is usable for you depends on your project (Do you need several images replaced or only one?)

https://jquerydoc.fancyproductdesigner.com/

-> will be updated soon

Ok, a quick update. I was able to fund out how to open it. Now, is there a way I can replace an already existing image? Like, with normal uplaod zones, if I click over the upload zone and then the box pops up, if I choose an image, it will replace whichever image I had on the upload zone. Is there a way to get that same effect?
Question, for anyone that may know. Is the list of APIs in here updated:

I ask because, I been trying some functions in there, but they don't work. Note: I am using the Wordpress version of the plugin.

Answer

My question is, is there a way I can open this same box from outside the stage?

-> You don't need the API to do that. You can also adapt that in the UI Composer. 

-> You can't replace single images. What you could do instead is creating a bounding box and force images to be inside. If this solution is usable for you depends on your project (Do you need several images replaced or only one?)

-> will be updated soon

1 person likes this

Thank you for your reply. Ok, so this is what I am trying to achieve. I have a business card that has text on it and then an image, which is a logo. I have been able to find a way to edit the text from outside, meaning, I am doing my own input text fields outside the canvas. So now, when a user fills out the fields, it will also change the text inside the canvas. Now, my issue is the logo image. I can create a an input field and replace the image, but obviously is not what I want, since this will require the image to be hosted elsewhere and then provide the link on the field in order to replace it. With that said, I did noticed that, if you add an "Upload Zone", it has a replaceable image that, if you click on it ON the canvas, it opens up a box where you can upload an image and replace it. This is exactly what I need, but from the outside as well. So for example, add a button that says "Replace Logo", and then then open up that same upload box and replace the image. So I have a new question, is there a way to send parameters to that box? Like, when a button is clicked, pass in some parameters? Again, I am attaching an image on how the upload box that I am talking about looks like. This is really the last step in order to finish the functionality I am looking for.

upload images use from post attachment image..

Hi, How did you achieve it to upload an image with a custom button from outside the stage? I am also trying hard to find the solution but still unable to find it. I am not aware of so much coding. So could you please give me solution 

Login or Signup to post a comment