radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Disable emoticons option

Hello,

In the current version of fancy product designer it is possible for mobile users to input emoticons into the text area. This is something that should be worked on. It should be an option to disable it and perhaps a nice option for others would be to have a custom pricing rule for it as well. We won't use the pricing rule but others might. We would like to see the option to disable emoticons first as this has caused some problems for us and i expect for others as well.

shirtdisc.jpg
(86.6 KB)

2 people like this idea

So this topic is 2 years old, but last week a customer added all kinds of emoticons to the design. All of which I then had to place manually in the design :-(

In case you haven't been able to find this setting:

Fancy Product Designer > Settings > General > Modules > Text > Disable Text Emojis

Hello Radykal,

What is the status on the blocking of the emojis? I hope it will be fixed soon.

I do support this Feature Request!

In Chrome the designs in the backend are messed up, when emojis are inserted by mobile users.

Fancy Product Designer > Settings > General > Modules > Text > Disable Text Emojis

---> DOESN'T WORK <----

is there any options how to disable them ?

This thread says implemented  at the top - if so, can someone add to this thread how to do it.  Thanks!  Causing lots of grief because I have a one-color limit and people are using full color emojis and expecting the end product to be full color.   I imagine that for those who charge by number of colors are seriously affected because it shows up as the wrong number of colors.  

Hello, unfortunately the selected option:

Fancy Product Designer > Settings > General > Modules > Text > Disable Text Emojis

does not work for all Emojis. Some cannot be added and some can. Will this be resolved soon?

It's quite a problem for design printers.

Included in V3.8.5

Hello Radykal,

I have tested version 3.8.5 and came to the conclusion that the fix isn't working. I am still able to put in the emoji when i open a text field. See images below.

emoji.PNG
(3.77 KB)

@Evert Thanks for reporting this. There was a typo in the code, I correct it. Fix is no available, but version number has not changed. Please download from codecanyon.

Hello again Radykal,

The fix did block most emojis (thanks for that) but i can still use a lot of them. see image below.

Hello, what was the fix and when was it released? I still have many customers that add emoticons on the text fields and, as a result, the "Add to cart" is not working properly.

Could you please help?

Login or Signup to post a comment