radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Old orders taking up a lot of space in DB

After 1 year of using FPD actively, our MySQL-database is over 3GB (!) of FPD-data. All the design details of every view made is stored in "woocommerce_order_itemmeta". This is in turn causing a lot of problems with other plugins and database-backups. 

Can you make is so data is cleared after a given time interval, perhaps every 2-3 months?

Everyone here with many orders will get serious problems with this eventually. We just had a crash and lost a couple of orders because of this issue, and spent a day getting back on track. Right now we have to struggle with MySQL-commands to clear this data, or delete the orders entirely, which makes us lose all our statistics. 

This is also requested here: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000021221

Thanks,

Andreas

Best Answer

If you only want to delete the meta from an order, you can only do that manually by going into the woocommerce_order_itemmeta database table and seach for all meta keys in meta_key column that starts with _fpd_.

1 person has this question

I have the same problem. I was hoping to solve that one as well...

If anyone has the solution to the problem I will appreciate sharing. Thanks 

@thomas vert, no quick solution yet.

I didn't had the time to clear the database lately, so my woocommerce_order_itemmeta is now 8.1Gb :)

I'm really afraid to start cleaning it because it's a nightmare. You get a lot of server timeout from the server and the website is taking his own timeout.

Probably Radykal has no solution for this problem, but I hope he'll find one pretty soon.

Hi, Radykal, many of us have the same problem. Very BIG and LAZY database. It is unsustainable to continue this.

The question is why some puted pictures are in the database tab woocommerce_order_itemmeta and are not in FTP folder as other pictures? Or why FPD can't block this damned pictures (maybe add some settings in FPD admin) on frontend designer? We hate this problem many years.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Martin

Yes please,if Radykal can make it simple to clear the database that can solve a lot of issues. I had to pay extra just to delete older orders from the databad because it has too much tables with heavy info related to FPD. It will be great if you can find a solution to this problem. If it's possible to maybe add some settings in FPD admin that you can clear the data after X month or something like that?

I created a feature request cleaning the DB and the custom uploaded images: https://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000028190

I am finding this same issue. Lots of 504 errors as the site is timing out due to large database. Deleting orders is not an option for obvious reasons. I just need to be able to specifically delete the fpd order meta data older than necessary to keep. Has anybody managed this yet?

What's the SQL query to delete meta data before a certain date? 

Login or Signup to post a comment