radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Printing Box, Bounding Box, Scaling - For Beginners

Hi All, 

Can someone with more experience with FPD point me in the right direction, please?

Attached is a screenshot of my T-Shirt in the product builder. As you can see I have boxes everywhere. 

I'm getting confused between the following:

• Printing box 
  • Bounding box
  • Print Size (in Product Builder settings)
  • Should my Printing Box be set as my Bounding Box?
  • The max print area for any t-shirt designs should be 397x490mm, 300dpi, sized to scale (not sure what this means) and saved with a transparent background.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could point me in the right direction with all of the above, please?

Many thanks, 

Roy

Best Answer
  • Printing box
    • If you use our admin solution (admin.fancyproductdesigner.com) you can use a printing box. When setting a print size, a rectangular printing box with the same aspect-ratio will be added to the canvas. When exporting the order with the print-ready export in the ADMIN solution, only the content in the printing box will be visible in the exported file!

• Is the size you can define for the printing box. You can either choose between predefined sizes (p.e. paper size, A4, Letters or business cards, ...) or enter your own size.

• This depends on what you like to get. Usually people do that. 

• The max print area for any t-shirt designs should be 397x490mm, 300dpi, sized to scale (not sure what this means) and saved with a transparent background.
    • You can set a printing box with that specific size. Also you can exclude the layers within the product builder from export so the T-Shirt won't be shown in the print file. For 300 dpi please use our admin solution on admin.fancyproductdesigner.com

You can add the printing box in the view settings, then click on edit printing box in the product builder and resize it in the bottom right corner or via the insert numbers in the dialog. The printing size will remain. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. This is really useful.

Regarding the print size. I've set it to 397x400mm however this appears larger than the T-Shirt in the preview. This is where I'm getting confused as I assume this will scale down the users image?

Thanks, 

Roy

Once the printing size is set you can scale down the preview box to fit the shirt without affecting the quality or printing size of you product. 

How do I set the printing box size to A4 in the json?

Hi, i have the same problem as Roy. Can you please tell how to scale down the preview box without affecting the printing size ?

Thanks

Please open a support ticket on our website, so we can help you with your issue.

When you say the printing size, do you mean the printing ratio? When I set the printing size, I then scale down the box to fit the shirt which obviously changes the printing size.

Thanks

no, it doesn't. The printing size will remain the same if you scale down the box in the product builder.

Answer
  • Printing box
    • If you use our admin solution (admin.fancyproductdesigner.com) you can use a printing box. When setting a print size, a rectangular printing box with the same aspect-ratio will be added to the canvas. When exporting the order with the print-ready export in the ADMIN solution, only the content in the printing box will be visible in the exported file!

• Is the size you can define for the printing box. You can either choose between predefined sizes (p.e. paper size, A4, Letters or business cards, ...) or enter your own size.

• This depends on what you like to get. Usually people do that. 

• You can set a printing box with that specific size. Also you can exclude the layers within the product builder from export so the T-Shirt won't be shown in the print file. For 300 dpi please use our admin solution on admin.fancyproductdesigner.com
Login or Signup to post a comment