radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

High Resolution Prints / Workflow / Best Practice

Hi,

i am using the FPD for creating high res. prints and its working quite smooth.

The source images i use are 8k x 8k px 72dpi png files with transparent cut out areas.
For now I use a canvas 1k x 1k with my source images.
The preview and download in frontend looks unrendered and not sharps.

What is the best practice for using high res. source images that will be printed in high res. overall?
Is the export module required?
If yes, do i need to adjust my source images and does the export module also optimize the preview quality of the FPD?

A short keyword workflow how to succeed would be much appriciated.

Thanks!

Best Answer

For high resolution images we recommend to use our print ready export add on:

https://fancyproductdesigner.com/features/export-methods/

Use, SVG

or, a different way

----

Use low PNG

in order, Export SVG file

OPEN: Adobe Illustrator, when you ask for missing pictures

Link high pictures.

:)

Answer

For high resolution images we recommend to use our print ready export add on:

https://fancyproductdesigner.com/features/export-methods/

opi image replacement, is it possible?

I have the same question: for large format print, even a vector SVG comes out at a large file size ~ 2mb. This will load the page slowly won't it? Again, the ideal option in my understanding would be to show a low resolution (72dpi) at the size it will appear on screen and have an option to replace this in the export with the 300DPI image at full scale.

Again, i love this plugin. For the cost it is incredible however it does look like it's been made 100% by web designers without much involvement from people in the print industry.

I have a similar question.  I work with local artists and the high res print files are very large and would use up a lot of server space.  Do I need to upload all of those print files at full resolution, so that people can use them to design their products (mugs, shirts, puzzles etc...), this way the print ready export file is at high resolution?  Or... can I use a lower res smaller size file that people can design with on the blank products and link that to the high res image in a folder elsewhere?  When people design a product, sometimes they will crop the image, add other personalized features and I don't want to have to try and recreate what they wanted offline in order to send it off for production.  

Have any of you looked into the Admin (cloud) feature of FPD?  Do you have to upload all your high res images to the FPD cloud?

Login or Signup to post a comment