radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic

plugin + product setup help needed, completely lost

Hi,

I have been using FPD years ago, had to remove it because of security issues. Hoping that it has gotten better, I have set up a new website and installed the latest FPD version again (wordpress - woocommerce).

However, I am having trouble setting up a product. I remember having problems back then and I see that this not-intuitive-hard-to-use-stuff has not changed. I had hoped to find a step-by-step guide, some tutorial, some guiding. Couldn't find any. Anyway, I have created a product (FDP). It forces me to add a view, so I have added it. And changed a few settings. 

I have then added a product (woo) and selected FPD "product" for it (right column). When I look at the shop now, it shows a product with FDP canvas inside. So far so good. Now to the problems. I think I just dont understand the logic behind the whole plugin. Could someone please put me in the right direction?

First, there is no price, no number of items, no put-into-cart button. Why not? Where to enable this? Where do I setup the calculation of prices? Because they depend on what the customer chooses via FPD. Size, number of colors, etc. How can I set this up?

Second, the canvas looks like the standard FPD screen with all the buttons and options. I dont want this. I need ONLY text, no images, no uploads, no front side, no back side. Just plain text. So I have added an UI using the UI Layout composer. But there is no option for a product (woo) or product (FPD) to set it to - this does not make sense?!

Third, how can I let the user choose a size of the text? Scaling some letters oon the monitor has NO meaning. What does "Font size 1" mean? Millimeter? Points? Meters? There must be a field showing how big the stuff is when the customer makes changes because this has high impact on pricing. How can this be done?

Any help is appreciated.

Dan

Login or Signup to post a comment