radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Custom fonts - failed to decode downloaded font

Hi,

I added some ttf fonts to fpd_fonts folder and also added them under custom fonts in fpd font settings but when I load the fpd product page (any product), I am getting in the console an error saying "failed to decode downloaded font" for all custom fonts.

What can be the issue?

P.s: in previous versions of the plugin, everything worked perfectly, only after updating to last version the problem started.

Best Answer

Hello Danny, 

The error message "failed to decode downloaded font" typically indicates an issue with the format or encoding of the custom TrueType Fonts (TTF) you've added to the FPD. Can you please check that the TTF font files you added to the fpd_fonts folder are not corrupted. Try opening them with a font viewer or editor to confirm that they are valid TTF fonts. Additionally, make sure that the TTF font files are in a format supported by web browsers.

Answer

Hello Danny, 

The error message "failed to decode downloaded font" typically indicates an issue with the format or encoding of the custom TrueType Fonts (TTF) you've added to the FPD. Can you please check that the TTF font files you added to the fpd_fonts folder are not corrupted. Try opening them with a font viewer or editor to confirm that they are valid TTF fonts. Additionally, make sure that the TTF font files are in a format supported by web browsers.

As you said, they are TTF fonts and they work fine when opening them with font viewer. By the way, this issue wasn't occurring in older FPD versions. Anyway, I will try to search and download them again.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment