radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Better PDF support

Better PDF creation would be a great addition to this plugin.

If it is to be taken seriously by the print industry, then the PDFs that are exported really need to have fonts embedded.

The whole point of an online designer is that it saves the Printer/Webstore owner time. If they have to recreate a product from scratch to send to print then its not really saving time.

Not a criticism, just my view as to where the plugin is lacking.

Overall a very, very good piece of software.

32 people like this idea

I 100% agree with this, more, I 10000% agree with what Paulo just wrote.

In regards to an earlier question, we are exactly doing what he describes, we remove certain layers, then export everything with factor 8 before applying a Photoshop automation that aligns, resizes and crops the picture to size (= bounding box). And actually, there should be no need to do any of this, FPD should have an option to specify the export area, resolution, layers to export and then generate a print-ready file, that should be the essence of every design tool. And obviously, there should be an option to save those per product, not just as a global setting.

Alex

FAO: Radykal / The FPD Team.
Only three things missing from this fantastic product...

1. INDUSTRY STANDARD PDF OUTPUT.
a. Resolution must be 300dpi.
b. Layers must be flattened.
c. Transparencies must be flattened.
d. CMYK (four plate output only).
e. Fonts must be flattened, converted to paths/curves or embedded. (Paths/curves is best for most RIPS).

2. RESOLUTION CHECK FOR IMPORTED / UPLOADED IMAGES.

3. WARNING / ALERT ON RESET BUTTONS / SWITCHES.

When or if these important features are implemented, you'll have an OUTSTANDING product,
and PRICE TAG SHOULD BE INCREASED TO $99.00 - and I'll buy it :)

Keep up the good work. Kind regards, Johnny.
FPD Team:
If you can do all these things with the enhanced PDF Support, I would definitely buy the plugin for $99. Since I already own the plugin (payed $46), I would be happy to donate $53. This better exporting capability would be a show-stopping improvement for my business. Again, keep up the really good work guys.
-Dr. Fozdar

I would also gladly pay an up-sell for an advanced PDF exporter, or pay for a second plugin entirely.

I would suggest two versions - a basic version (the one available today) and a pro-version with advanced export and automatisation which could be around $99-$199 (to be fair, a similar plugin for Magento costs around $500 but has fewer users, so the price range reflects the assumed higher volume).

Since this is planned, do you have any ETA, even if it is just an estimation and not an exact ETA?

Let me explain my last question: I work in a 43 year old printing company, this is - as you can imagine - of extreme importance. If you have an ETA, then I can plan the release of the service a bit better. Perhaps it compensates to wait some weeks or months in order to launch a better service from the beginning... Thanks!

True PDF export is the most critical feature missing from FPD for my needs. Hoping it can be solved soon. I agree with earlier posts that it would be worth extra $$ for a pro version. 

Isn't a high quality, JPG good enough?

Rafael/John,

could you at least give us some hint whether you are working on this, or not?

If this is to be implemented there should be bleed lines of at least 3mm both on front-end, back-end and production ready PDF file. This is vital! PDF production ready file with 3mm bleed lines and at the very least PDF/X-4a:2010 colour profile!

I just bought this Plugin - has great potential, BUT the EXPORT  PDF, Image is too low resolution to be of any use. Also needs to be an Editable PDF to be of any great value. Will not be using this Plugin until this export PDF is resolved. Please can you put all your resources into fixing this issue. Great work otherwise. Do you have an ETA of this PDF quality improvement update?

This feature is said to be planned: excellent! Any information on an ETA?

Not all hope is lost, read the comments here: https://www.facebook.com/web.radykal/posts/10154445160676768

I created a survey to get a better understanding of your business and what features mandatory for improved export methods.

https://insights.hotjar.com/s?siteId=166800&surveyId=14047