radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Increase price of product with additional colors

I believe you can increase the price for adding text or images already but as a screen printer and regular paper printer, cost of printing changes with additional colors. Any way to make a price increase when 2 colors are used, 3 colors, etc. For example, 1 color shirt is $5 per shirt, 2 color shirt (+$2) so $7 per shirt, etc. when chosen from a given color palette or new color chosen?

11 people like this idea

+1

Really needed!

I'd love to have this functionality also!

Knowing colors is key. Problem I am having is when a user uploads an image it is not possible for us to know what colors have been uploaded like many other product design softwares. The ability to let the user enter in the number of colors they think are int he image would be great and help automate the upload image feature. Controlling this information is key to setting up prices.

agreed. would love to have these features added

Does anyone have an online example of another solution so I can see how its gonna look like?!

It would be great to have it! It's necessary for t-shirt printing, especially silk screen printing, where the cost of printing depends on the number of colours.

I need to understand how the price calculation could be done! Do you mean if e.g. a shirt is different colorizable parts and if the customer changes the default part colors, the price should increase for every part.

Any online example of another product designer would be very helpful! 

+1 for this. It's not based on the color of the product it's based on the number of colors of design elements (text and clipart) per view.

ex:

Customer chooses shirt @ $3. They add 3 text elements and one clipart design element to front of shirt but they are all colored white - 4 total elements but 1 color for front view

They then add one design clipart with 4 colors and 2 text elements with one of the same 4 colors to the back of shirt - 3 total elements but 4 colors used for back view

If price per color was set @ $6 per view:

Shirt = $3

1 color front design = $6

4 colors back design = $24

Total = $33

Although, that creates another needed feature lol - setting a price per color based on qty ordered because 1 shirt would have a higher price per color versus 100 shirts per color.

Yes Yes! I attached my price sheet if this helps. I did send this in to support asking if can be implemented. They told me to add a feature request. But no need. This is what I need. This can also be dulplicated for embroidery if you can copy the decoration type. This can be huge if done right.
pdf

This feature will be available in a new add-on called Pricing. It allows you to define own pricing rules on various element properties. The official demo is already online.

http://fancyproductdesigner.com/addon-pricing-rules/

The add-on will be available in the next few days on codecanyon.

This is now possible through a new add-on.

WooCommerce/WordPress version: https://goo.gl/if7y5D

jQuery Version: https://goo.gl/k9emmr

I know this is an old thread, but how do you set pricing rules to allow the customer to select which colors are in the design without it changing the design? If a customer uploads a multi color design, how can we get the data on how many colors are in the design? I've set up for DTG and am now setting up for screen printing and need different rules for colors used. 

Login or Signup to post a comment