radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Answered

Stupid license question:)

Hi.
I have some trouble to understand the license terms. Is a end product the fancy product designer, or is the end products the items the customer are selling? Meaning, if I buy fancy product designer, and are going to sell for example t-shirts, and swethers, would I then need to pay for two extended license since I'm selling two different products (t-shirt and swether) or would I only need to buy one standard licens because I only use one fancy product designer, and this is tought of as a end product?
Sorry for my stupid question:)
Kindly regards

Jens

Best Answer

The end product is Fancy Product Designer. It does not matter how many products you are going to sell with the designer, you only need one license for it.

For example you are running a web-shop and would like to sell customizable products, it does not matter if one or 1000, you only need to purchase ONE regular license, that grants you to use the plugin in one single web-shop/domain. If you are running multiple domains with different web shops, you need to purchase a license for every domain.

The extended license needs to be purchased if you would like to integrate the plugin in a solution you would like to offer to multiple end users. For example you would like to run a hosting service with the plugin integrated. Users/web-shops owner can order this service. In other words the plugin is integrated in another web tool that you are going to sell/charge money for.

3 people have this question

radykal
said 2 years ago
ANSWER
The end product is Fancy Product Designer. It does not matter how many products you are going to sell with the designer, you only need one license for it.

For example you are running a web-shop and would like to sell customizable products, it does not matter if one or 1000, you only need to purchase ONE regular license, that grants you to use the plugin in one single web-shop/domain. If you are running multiple domains with different web shops, you need to purchase a license for every domain.

The extended license needs to be purchased if you would like to integrate the plugin in a solution you would like to offer to multiple end users. For example you would like to run a hosting service with the plugin integrated. Users/web-shops owner can order this service. In other words the plugin is integrated in another web tool that you are going to sell/charge money for.

Thanks for clearing up the extended license question Radykal!

Same here! I received an email from Envato Market with: "You can only use an item in this way if you purchase a separate single-use license for each final customized product that is created by a customer". So.. Big.. misunderstanding about the licenses!

So glad I found this, I was uncertain about it as well!  I feel happy going ahead and purchasing it now :)  Will probably do that tomorrow.

Wow that actually helps all the reading I've done had me at a loss and I even emailed support and they were very unclear of the issue. I'm glad someone spelled it out thats exactly what I needed!
Answer

Actually I think I found the answer and that answer is that you must pay alot of money to use this designer.

You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customise a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each final product incorporating the Item that is created using the application.

Examples of “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” applications: website builders, “create your own” slideshow apps, and e-card generators. You will need one license for each product created by a customer, or contact us at Help Center to discuss.

From what I understand every time a customer would "create" a custom design to be used on a product you print you would have to pay for a license.  So basically they want to profit heavily off what they have created.  Im using Opencart which is Free and the extensions are paid on a one time fee which makes the idea of a small start up business a reality.  This designer extension doesn't fit that model in that you would have to constantly pay for new licenses....Its a good designer but has some nasty clauses stuck in there that will bite anyone who dares use it in a creative way.

I have the same question because the explanations that are on the website dont help at all and there are quite a few threats against using the designer in the wrong way.  I am looking into creating an apparel website where people can: 1-Create their own designs by uploading their own images and text in the designer and submitting the order to be printed by me.  2-Have my own created designs available for the less design savvy shoppers to quickly add custom text to and submit for printing by me.  So i would have multiple predesigned products available that the customer would use the designer to add text and then a section to create a complete design from scratch by the customer if they chose to go that route.  I am hoping that the $195 license lets me do this because I really like your designer over the others that i have found but don't want to spend $195 for each product on my site.  If the latter turns out to be the case I will have to go with one of the other designers because I cant afford thousands of dollars on a small start up business.