radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

6.0.0 Beta

This version will be released as BETA first. You can easily switch between V6 and the old version in Settings > Advanced. After Beta stage V6 will become the new standard of FPD and the old UI will not be available in upcoming updates.

Major changes

• NEW User-Interface
  • Complete code rewrite for the frontend designer

Primarily we rebuilt the code of the frontend designer and created a pure VanillaJS application with no need of jQuery anymore. We removed some older third-party libraries and we are able to reduce the total Javascript file size. The new fps-js is now also available on github.

We also added the features of PLUS and Pricing Rules addon into the basis plugin.

New Features

Beside the new UI we did not add many new features. We want to be sure that the transition from old to V6 works smoothly. After the BETA stage we will continue with requested features from the feature request forum. Here are a few new features.

Reporting bugs

Please post any bug or issue into this thread or open a new ticket if you need to send us sensitive data to log into your backend.

What happens after BETA?

After BETA stage is completed, we will remove the Plus, Pricing Rules addons and the jQuery plugin from codecanyon.

Downgrade to older version

For those who are having issues with the new update and want to go back to the older version, just download it from here.

Hello!

Thanks for the reply. In settings=>advanced I only found VP6 BETA to enable or disable - is that what you mean?

Was enabled.

Switched to off and on again - result to see at the screenshot - wont load anymore ... ?

Reinstall the plugin. There is new version of it. 6.0.0.1

Hello!

Have Version 6.0.0.1 - but can reinstall ...

Have done it - deactivate and delete

Download and reinstall 4.8.3

Update via Envato Market to 6.0.0.1

Same result as before

fpd wont load

@Carl Please create a ticket so I can have a look at it.

@radykal I’’m aware that the new Ui is in advance but we disabled it because the product were adding to the cart but when we go to the cart is empty. So we disabled the new ui and tried the regular ui and that’s where we have the issues with the new update. Do we need to downgrade even if we choose not to use the beta ui? 

@Fabian If you have issues with V6, please open a support ticket so when help you.

Now it works, this version loads faster but there is still something wrong with the variations, the lightbox doesn't show the price like before

1 person likes this

Hello

After updating to the version 6.0.0.1. There is still an issue with Edit Text on mobile device. 
When you Edit Text on the mobile device, the text box keeps disappearing. On the older UI it works fine. Could you look into it?

Also how can I disable options such as Duplicate and Remove when you´re editing the text?

@Yurayne The price display has changed in that update. Or do you mean it does not display at all?

@Gunnar Thanks. Indeed there duplicate and remove is still showing even when its disabled, I already found the issue and will fix it tomorrow. I do not have the issue when edit-text, can you tell me on which phone you are having that issue.

@radykal 
Thanks for getting back. I´m having the Edit Text issue on samsung galaxy s22 ultra. 

@rady kal the price shows "$0" in the lightbox but my variations have prices, previously it was showing.

Thanks

1 person likes this

@Yuranye Please open a support ticket so I can have a look at it.

When a Text Field is added with a bounding box.

The Max Lines field is not respected when the text is entered via:
with the shortcode [fpd_module type="manage-layers"]

or inside the popup that appeares

If the text is edited directly on design then the two line limit is triggered

Hello!

Is it possible, that changing the setting in

settings => general => display => style of control (advanced - basis)

have no effect?

Control.jpg
(20.1 KB)
Basis.jpg
(30 KB)
Advanced.jpg
(31.5 KB)

@Iggy Thanks. Will be fixed in next update.

@Carl You will see the difference when you select an element in the canvas. The corner controls will change.