radykal | Support Center Chooser

For which product do you need support?

Fancy Product Designer Multistep Product Configurator

Start a new topic
Implemented

Better PDF support

Better PDF creation would be a great addition to this plugin.

If it is to be taken seriously by the print industry, then the PDFs that are exported really need to have fonts embedded.

The whole point of an online designer is that it saves the Printer/Webstore owner time. If they have to recreate a product from scratch to send to print then its not really saving time.

Not a criticism, just my view as to where the plugin is lacking.

Overall a very, very good piece of software.

32 people like this idea

This is a must have feature

Printed exported pdfs don't have the level of crisp and sharpness needed at the moment for certain products

therefore i'm not using the plugin

If implemented my recommendations would be exporting to PDF X

And text should be rendered as vector and not as image

Rafael,

Thank you for your work. Please consider this topic as a #1 feature for your professional customers. We can't use your plugin without this. Actually, I personally don't know how hobbyists can use this, either, without manually fiddling with each order. I am happy to say that you have a nice plugin, but it is severely impacted by missing the final mark...ready made PDF output that can be batch fed to a printer.

Similar topics:

http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000000142

http://support.fancyproductdesigner.com/support/discussions/topics/13000000337

Hi Rafael, Beta is looking great.
Will you guys be looking into embedding fonts into the PDF as part of the beta?

Cheers

James

Can someone confirm if the new version will export PDF fonts? At the moment it is a pain because 

I have to import the PDF into Illustrator and then change all the fonts to the fonts that the client 

chose. It seems the plugin will only exports fonts as 'Arial' even though I have all the correct 

fonts on my system. 

Thanks - Andrew

As we say in England, all good things come to those who wait... be patient guys it's on its way. 
Yes I agree with Alexander Moritz. And i can add to his words if this work is very hard Rafael, you can sell this as addon for FPD.

so going back to the original topic I just wanted to know if this was planned for this release or we should expect it after February (if at all).

Thanks in advance

two thumbs up for Alexander Moritz' comment.
I totally agree - the export/output needs improvement, whether it is batch export, layered PDF export or even a better documentation of the backend options.

I am not criticising, just trying to motivate Rafael :-)

Hi!

Yes, the beta looks very nice from the front-end side of things (and FPD already did look good before that) but the list of new features concerns mostly the frontend. Many here have asked for more advanced output options, including better PDF support (font layers etc.), batch processing for output and overall a better workflow when it comes to generating files that can be used for direct printing. 

After all, most shop customers use the plugin only once or twice (and hence the frontend), we as your customers use it every single day so it is of vital importance to get the backend right, e.g. by offering batch processing for exporting all uploaded designs at once (could be an auto feature to automatically cut uploads to the bounding box, save them in a set resolution and name them according to the order number so that we don't have to go into every single order to export the uploaded design).

Regards

Alex

Wow, new version (Beta) is very good in frontend.

The new version looks excellent Rafael! love the quick links to add text and images. Look forward to it going into action.

Rafael i have more than 50 plugins from codecanyon and i know differens. In support i wrote you about bugs. You agreed about some of them. And what? Its already more then 3 months and bugs still in place.

I dont think that its good idea to write it here.

@alexus You may notice that I released the beta of the new version here: http://beta.fancyproductdesigner.com/ a few weeks ago. The plugin is not dead at all. I am still working on it and will have some results/deadlines at the end of February. This feature is not implemented in a few hours. Its very complicated. Beside I also need to include a few other features. I do not know if you have any coding skills, but it takes some time.

My plugin is still number one on marketplace and I am continuing work on that.

This forum is also not a platform to advertise other concurrent plugins!!! 

Are there any other WP plugins you can recommend? Thx